Welcome to the LOTS corporate transportation services.
You’ve taken the first step toward improving your company’s benefits package and employee retention / recruitment efforts.
LOTS corporate transportation services is an employee commute program offered to businesses in Lee and Ogle Counties. Our drivers provide curb to curb transportation for your employees who need help getting to and from the workplace for each of their shifts.
What is curb to curb transportation?
Curb to curb transportation means our driver picks up your employee at their home or desired location and delivers them to your building. No waiting at cold bus stops or leaving their car at a commuter lot.
Why provide transportation services for your workforce?
“Employees are desperate for better commutes and prepared to take extreme measures to achieve quicker, easier and less expensive ways of getting to work. Twenty-three percent of workers in the U.S. have quit a job because of a tough commute, a Robert Half survey reported, while 85 percent would be willing to take a pay cut in exchange for a shorter commute.”*
Offering a commuter benefit plan is one way that employers can help.
Benefits of an employee commute program
- Attracting and retaining workers: Employers across the country are finding it almost impossible to find qualified applicants. Providing transportation gives you a competitive edge.
- Provide employment opportunities for single car / no car families: Over 25% of American families have only one or no cars. Many of them think their only work option is to work from home. By providing transportation, you can open up employment opportunities to an entirely different population.
- Reduce automotive expenses for employees: The cost for commuting is estimated at $3,000 – $5,000. Offering a service that puts money back in the pockets of your employees will make you stand out from the competition.
- Reduces parking needs: Reduce the number of cars in the lot and provide better parking for the staff not currently utilizing a ride with LOTS.
- Helping support public transit: LOTS provides rides to seniors, people with disabilities, veterans and the transportation challenged. Corporate ride partners help support rides for people in our community who need them the most.
- Conserve energy, reduce carbon emissions and help the environment: If sustainability is part of your business plan, or if you’re just someone who cares about the environment, shared rides and reduced carbon emissions are great ways to create a healthier environment.
- Developing your corporate reputation as an environmentally and worker-friendly company: Corporations that offer alternative methods of transportation are good community leaders and environmental stewards. More employees, particularly younger ones, are looking closely at potential employers’ commitment to the environment. Showing you care about staff has always been important!
“When we learned about LOTS corporate transportation service, it was an easy decision for Crest Foods, this was a benefit we wanted to offer our staff. We know that the cost of owning and maintaining a vehicle can be a challenge for a lot of families and LOTS curb-to-curb service picks our employees up at their homes and delivers them right to our front door. We’ve seen a significant reduction in lateness and days off due to unpredictable automotive issues. Our employees are able to put a lot more of their paychecks into savings because they are not paying for gas, oil changes and automotive maintenance.
We offer this as a benefit to our employees and we think the benefits of this service have far outweighed the cost, we believe it supporting the needs of our employees. It’s the way that we do business.”
-Jeff Meiners, President Crest Foods.
How does it work?
Your employee calls LOTS at 815.288.2117 and let us know when, where, and on what days they would like to be driven.
We ask that the employee call and let us know if / when they have time off or are sick and cancel their ride.
Transportation is available Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 6:00 pm with the exception of observed holidays.
We will provide informative material for each of your employees, posters for you to hang in the break room or other public areas, and design and prepare an email for you to send out explaining this benefit to your employees. We can also provide a tear sheet for you to include in your paychecks.
If you are using a recruiting agency, please let us know and we will make sure they have been informed that you are offering this benefit to employees. This should open the door to a wider pool of applicants.